EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla Vehicles
Introducing the EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla vehicles. This kit contains all the hardware required to download the Event Data Recorder (EDR) data that may be stored in Tesla Model 3, Model S and Model X vehicles.
Includes GENUINE Tesla EDR Cables
MSRP: $995.00 USD
Software required to use the hardware is available for free from Tesla at edr.tesla.com
The EDR Retrieval Kit supports
All Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, and Tesla Model 3’s.
United States & Canadian Orders
Customers ordering in the United States and Canada can place orders directly online using the “Add To Cart” button.
Europe, Middle East and Africa Orders
Please use button to contact our EMEA distributor, asDARTS, for all Tesla EDR Retrieval Kits orders in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
All Other International Orders
Please use the “Request A Quote” button for all other International orders or for USA orders who do not wish to order online.
NOTE: Placing an online order will charge your credit card and will guarantee the EDR Retrieval Harware Kit for Tesla will be shipped immediately when available. Once purchased, the product cannot be returned unless defective.
The Tesla EDR Retrieval Program and Tesla EDR Report Service are designed for vehicles configured for the North American market region only. Report elements found in this report may not have been validated for vehicles configured for regions outside of North America.
All orders for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) will be handled by our European distributor, asDARTS. They will be responsible for all orders, payments and technical support when purchased in this region.
This is not a Bosch product and does not work in conjuction with the Bosch CDR Tool.
The EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla Includes
- TIV-144: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model S and Model X
- TIV-145: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model S (legacy)
- TIV-996: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model 3
- TD2M-601: Direct-to-module cable for Tesla Model X and 3
- TD2M-602: Direct-to-module cable for Tesla Model S
- Power: AC Power supply unit (100v-240v, USA style, 2-prong plug)
- TPCAN: PCAN-USB adapter
Requires Windows driver: download installation package for device drivers and tools for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit) for our PC interfaces.
- CASE: Hard-shell protective carrying case
About the Case:
Exterior Dimensions: 10.6″ x 8.5″ x 6.5″
Warranty: 30 Year Limited Warranty (case only)
Accessing the EDR Data
To access EDR data from a Tesla vehicle you’ll need a Windows computer, the EDR Retrieval Harware Kit, the Tesla EDR retrieval program and a MyTesla account
Tesla currently provides a free online service at edr.tesla.com where users can generate reports from retrieved EDR data files. After registering at edr.tesla.com, the user may upload EDR data files from their computer and generate reports in a PDF format. These reports contain important information regarding data polarity, application limitations, and other data limitations that should be reviewed carefully by the user in the context of the facts of a given event.
EDR Data can be retrieved from all Tesla Model S, Model X and Model 3 vehicles. Tesla Roadster, which was produced from 2008 to 2012, is equipped with a RCM but does not have an EDR.
Accessing and retrieving data requires connecting to and powering the vehicle’s RCM. There are two methods for accessing and retrieving recorded data from the RCM:
- In-vehicle retrieval: requires that the vehicle is capable of providing 12 V DC power to the RCM and that the CAN connection between the CAN connector and the RCM is intact. Unless both of these conditions can be satisfied, direct-to-module retrieval is required.
- Direct-to-module retrieval: In the Model X and the Model 3, the vehicle’s RCM is located on the floor of the passenger compartment, under the center console and between the seats. In the Model S, the vehicle’s RCM is located on the floor of the passenger compartment, under the center screen.
Crash Data Group Inc
PO Box 892885
Temecula, CA 92589
Phone: (951) 252-9254
Toll Free: (800) 280-7940
Bosch Tech Support:
Crash Data Group
Helping you understand the crash
The the sole source distributor for the Bosch Crash Data Retrieval product line in the United States and Canada, the global distributor for the EDR Retrieval Kit for Tesla, the publisher of Collision Magazine and the host of the annual Event Data Recorder (EDR) Summit.
Copyright 2018 Crash Data Group Inc. All rights reserved.