EDR Kit for Tesla Vehicles
Introducing the EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla vehicles. This kit contains all the hardware required to download the Event Data Recorder (EDR) data that may be stored in Tesla Model 3, Model S and Model X vehicles.
Includes GENUINE Tesla EDR Cables
MSRP: $1,200.00 USD
Software required to use the hardware is currently available at no charge from Tesla at edr.tesla.com.
The EDR Retrieval Kit supports
All Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, and Tesla Model 3’s.
New Release: Tesla Model S EDR Cable
Crash Data Group is pleased to announce the release of a new EDR cable for use with the Tesla EDR Retrieval Kit. This new cable is required for direct-to-module downloads of Tesla Model S vehicles manufactured after mid-2019.
Tesla Cable ID: 1492139-00-A or TD2M-139
MSRP: $200.00 USD
On Sale for $150.00 USD until September 30, 2019
This new Tesla EDR cable is in stock and ready to ship. However, initial quantities are limited so order yours today!
Crash Data Group is the sole source provider of genuine Tesla EDR retrieval cables.
United States & Canadian Orders
Customers ordering in the United States and Canada can place orders directly online using the “Add To Cart” button.
We currently do not sell the Tesla EDR Kit outside of of North America. Tesla will not translate data from Tesla vehicles that were manufacturered outside of North America.
NOTE: Placing an online order will charge your credit card and will guarantee the EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla will be shipped immediately when available. Once purchased, the hardware cannot be returned or refunded unless defective. You are purchasing the hardware only. The software required to download the EDR from a Tesla vehicle and the translation service is provided by Tesla (http://edr.tesla.com). Crash Data Group is not responsible for the software or translation service.
The EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit for Tesla Includes
- TIV-144: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model S and Model X
- TIV-145: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model S (legacy)
- TIV-996: In-vehicle cable for Tesla Model 3
- TD2M-601: Direct-to-module cable for Tesla Model X and 3
- TD2M-602: Direct-to-module cable for Tesla Model S
- TD2M-139: Direct-to-module cable for Tesla Model S (NEW – JUST ADDED)
- Power: AC Power supply unit (100v-240v, USA style, 2-prong plug)
- TPCAN: PCAN-USB adapter
Requires Windows driver: download installation package for device drivers and tools for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit) for our PC interfaces.
- CASE: Hard-shell protective carrying case
About the Case:
Exterior Dimensions: 10.6″ x 8.5″ x 6.5″
Warranty: 30 Year Limited Warranty (case only)
Accessing the EDR Data
To access EDR data from a Tesla vehicle you’ll need a Windows computer, the EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit, the Tesla EDR retrieval program and a MyTesla account
- Purchase the EDR Retrieval Hardware Kit (above)
- Download the free Tesla EDR Retrieval Program
- Create a free MyTesla account in order to upload an EDR data file and generate a report in PDF format
Tesla currently provides a free online service at edr.tesla.com where users can generate reports from retrieved EDR data files. After registering at edr.tesla.com, the user may upload EDR data files from their computer and generate reports in a PDF format. These reports contain important information regarding data polarity, application limitations, and other data limitations that should be reviewed carefully by the user in the context of the facts of a given event.
EDR Data can be retrieved from all Tesla Model S, Model X and Model 3 vehicles. Tesla Roadster, which was produced from 2008 to 2012, is equipped with a RCM but does not have an EDR.
Accessing and retrieving data requires connecting to and powering the vehicle’s RCM. There are two methods for accessing and retrieving recorded data from the RCM:
- In-vehicle retrieval: requires that the vehicle is capable of providing 12 V DC power to the RCM and that the CAN connection between the CAN connector and the RCM is intact. Unless both of these conditions can be satisfied, direct-to-module retrieval is required.
- Direct-to-module retrieval: In the Model X and the Model 3, the vehicle’s RCM is located on the floor of the passenger compartment, under the center console and between the seats. In the Model S, the vehicle’s RCM is located on the floor of the passenger compartment, under the center screen.
Crash Data Group Inc
Helping you understand the crash
PO Box 892885
Temecula, CA 92589
Phone: (951) 252-9254
Email: click here
Toll Free: (800) 280-7940
Bosch Tech Support: 855-267-2483
© 2019 Crash Data Group Inc. All rights reserved.
Join our opt-in email list to receive the latest updates, product releases and industry news.